he Afghan Interior Ministry says security forces have killed the last gunman involved in an attack on the offices of an international aid group (Pamlarena) in central Kabul.
Interior Ministry spokesman Sediq Sediqqi said in a message posted on Twitter on September 6 that all those involved in an attack on the Shar-e Now (New City) neighborhood that began late the day before are now dead.
He did not specify how many attackers there had been.
Afghan police have blocked all roads leading to Shar-e-Now. The area is home to several guest houses frequented by foreign diplomats.
Earlier, Sediqqi said one civilian had been killed and six others wounded in the attack on the charity, called Pamlarena.
The attack started with a suicide bombing around midnight targeting a guest house for foreigners and diplomats in the same neighborhood.
Tuesday’s gun battle comes a day after twin bombings at the defense ministry in Kabul claimed 24 lives. Security forces rushed to the scene of the strike after the first attack, which took place as employees were leaving for the day.